Employees of THTE on client-paid travel adhere to the following minimum standards:
- Employees will fly on a discount airline (Southwest, JetBlue) whenever possible.
- If a discount airline does not fly to the needed destination, the lowest-priced economy fare must be selected with manager approval.
- If travel involves a distance of the lesser of a two-hour drive or 100 miles one way, THTE employees may exercise a hotel stay.
- Employees shall stay in a hotel with a room rate of no more than $200 per night whenever possible, with exceptions made for select metropolitan areas where no such pricing is offered.
- When using a rental car, mid-sized sedans will be used, with the exception of Managing Partners, which are allowed the use of a full-size vehicle.
- Employee is responsible for their own fuel expenses and insurance.
- Employees may choose to use a ride hailing system such as Uber or Lyft in lieu of a rental car.
- A per diem is allowed for meal expenses, the amount of which may vary based on the area, per GSA guidelines, which may be found at the following url:
- For stays of 4 hours or less (including travel time), no greater than one half of the per diem will be assessed.
- Receipts are only provided to clients upon request and are not typically required from employees; the per diem is simply charged to the client in lieu of collecting receipts.