View our White Paper on Informal Learning!
How Employees Really Learn
We at THTE are committed to providing exceptional quality training that makes an impact, but we are also realistic; most people learn much more outside of the training room. Employees learn by:
- asking a co-worker in the break room (who might be doing it wrong),
- contacting HR or a subject-matter expert (who has nothing better to do),
- reading a book (which is hopefully up-to-date), or
- surfing the internet (and not learning the company way).
There's a Better Way
- Surveying employees to find out what their learning needs really are
- Working with stakeholders to develop training material that looks like it was done in-house, and not by a vendor
- Conducting post-training surveys, conference calls and/or focus groups to ensure learning is applied, paving the way to accurately determine ROI.
- Developing an internal knowledgebase in which employees can find the answers they need instantly, accurately, and without additional company resources.